Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Letter From Japan To Prof Dr Nik Omar

Dear Prof. Nik Omar,

I am a male physician (Urologist) 50 years old. I am Iranian and currently working in Japan. Since my student time I was interested in acupuncture, but I had no opportunity to learn it. During my practice I realized that control or eradication of pain is not so easy task especially for the chronic diseases. Of course we can alleviate the pain in western medicine by various drugs but we may encounter some side effects due to prolong medications. As surgery concerned we need anesthesia and I have heard that some operations might be undertaken by acupuncture alone or with low dose drug combination.

Also, one of my professors who suffered from Migraine was treated by Chinese acupuncturist many years ago.

All that I mentioned above are the factors that I want to learn acupuncture. I have a good impression from your country because of some Malaysian students whom I met here in Japan several years ago.

It is the first time for me to hear that there is acupuncture activity in the Malaysia.

I would like to study acupuncture in Malaysia if the lecture is in English. I have already written to Malaysia Anglo-Dutch Institute for Oriental Medicine, 26 B Jalan Kolam Air, Sunagai Petani Kedah Darul Aman, Malaysia 080000 for this purpose, but they did not reply me yet. However, after seeing your homepage and your bio data I thought that I might learn a lot from you if possible.

I would be highly obliged if you guide me whether I can study this field in Malaysia especially under your supervision or not.


Sincerely yours,

MHP, M.D., Ph.D.
Yokota,Matsumoto 390-0804
Japan

No comments: